Position: Senior Credit Analyst
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Senior Credit Analyst will provide underwriting support for the commercial lenders, along with the rest of the credit team.
This position is part of a team that performs credit underwriting functions for new and existing lending and depository customers, vendors and CRA-related activities.
- Underwriting/credit analysis of prospective programs and renewals, including those related to financial services and credit union industry. Analyze historical financial statements and projections, determine risks and mitigates, outline the background of the Borrower and conduct industry and competitive analysis. Utilize models to evaluate the strength of borrower’s cash flow and its ability to provide for primary and secondary sources of repayment, as well as models to assess refinance risk. For transaction involving individual guarantors, underwrite their financial strength, including the analysis of personal financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns.
- Perform business and financial analysis needed for amendments, extensions and covenant waivers. Provide general review of the overall bank relationship with the customer, perform trend analysis and covenant compliance calculations. Provide recommendations for risk ratings to be communicated to BDOs, risk management and other internal teams. On as needed basis, assist with amendments and preparation/review of documents. Assist in completing annual reviews of the commercial portfolio.
- Complete analysis related to depository and non-lending customers. Understand bank's policy in regard to ACH, RDC and other non-lending transactions. Work closely with Deposit Production and Deposition Operations teams, Ohio teams and Risk management in formulating and implementing guidelines in managing risks related to cash management.
- Complete financial analysis of vendors. Perform credit analysis and annual reviews of companies and financial institutions with which NCB has CRA- or Mission-related relationship. Assist with preparation of Mission related reports.
- Special Projects/Other: Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary and other tasks as requested by the manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related field (accounting, finance, economics, etc.) is required
- Working knowledge of computer business applications (word processing and spreadsheet applications)
- Small Business Association (SBA) experience
- Exposure to project finance, commercial real estate underwriting and cooperatives is a plus
- Candidate should be familiar with the workings of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements as well as principals of industry and peer comparison and trend analysis.
- Previous experience and hands-on knowledge of financial spreadsheets, word processing and statement spreading software (i.e. Moody’s).
- Training on the use of internal Bank systems will be provided by the manager and the rest of the credit team.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.