Position: Relationship Manager
Location: Oakland, CA
Nature & Scope: The purpose of this position is to support the portfolio management, relationship management and business development activities of the Bank's commercial lending activities on the West Coast, including Alaska, in alignment with the goals and tactical plan of the unit.
- Serve as the primary or secondary contact for borrowers, as assigned by the Business Development Officers (BDOs)
- Review and assess annual credit reviews prepared by the Credit Underwriting Group
- Prepare Criticized and Grade 6/Watch memos on a quarterly basis; address borrower requests for structure changes by either making specific recommendations for Credit Committee approval or seeking a transfer of the relationship to Risk Management
- Prepare covenant waiver and downgrade memos
- Perform site visits
- Work collaboratively with the Loan Administration and Loan Closing Teams to resolve exceptions cited in Loan Review examinations
- Manage existing or new borrower requests from prospect to closing which includes the following:
- Prepare triage memo and/or present deals to senior management per the BDO’s request;
- Prepare loan proposals and commitment letters;
- Work closely with Credit Underwriting Team during the credit underwriting process and to address questions and concerns;
- Monitor the loan closing and documentation process including review of loan documents and maintain open communication with closing attorney.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and issues; attend industry trade shows and seminars; and participate in bank focus groups to facilitate the improvement in specific processes relative to the Corporate Team.
- Bachelor of Science degree in business related field (MBA a plus)
- 8 years of commercial/corporate credit experience, loan review, or portfolio management experience
- Knowledge of credit administration
- Knowledge of the business development process
- Experience dealing with customers
- Previous formal credit training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of loan documentation process
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.