Position: Loan Processor
Location: Hillsboro, Ohio
Nature & Scope: The overall purpose of my job is to process and clear a loan file, order/process an appraisal, and provide excellent customer service.
- Loan Set Up and Compliance
- Review and compile loan file that is received from a loan officer or broker in the appropriate stack order and process contents to Loan Policies of NCB,
- Investor Guidelines (FNMA), Mortgage Insurance Companies Guidelines and Federal Compliance Regulations.
- Once processing is complete, responsible for submission to underwriting for loan decision.
- Complete and send out all disclosures to borrowers (within in compliance regulations).
- Processes all change of circumstances on loan files.
- Assure loan files meet all Regulatory Compliance of RESPA, HMDA and TILA.
- Processing Loan Conditions
- Review commitment letter issued by underwriting department.
- Work directly with borrower and/or Loan Officer/Broker to obtain stated conditions.
- Responsible to review the conditions and assure conditions meets the underwriter’s specification.
- Update the loan application file and mortgage loan processing system with the updated condition from the borrower.
- File is then re-submitted to the underwriting department for final review and sign off of conditions and clearing of the loan file.
- Notify all party once a file is clear to schedule closing.
- Ordering and Managing Appraisals
- Ordering and managing all local and national appraisal orders for 1st and 2nd mortgages.
- Track appraisal statuses and follow up with the appraiser as needed.
- Process all appraisal fee payments.
- Document all appraisal information into the loan processing system.
- Sending appraiser coop/condo questionnaires as requested.
- Pipeline Management
- Attend pipeline meetings (as needed).
- Manage loan files and conditions through encompass views.
- Track communications from Loan Officers, Brokers, 3rd parties, etc. in the Loan Operation System.
- Customer Service
- Assist in Loan Officer’s duties when Loan Officer is out of office, by directing customer’s to the Loan Officer handling their region.
- Answer any questions throughout the loan process that a borrower or 3rd party may have.
- Responding quickly to all customers inquires and route to staff members who can offer assistance.
- Provide excellent customer service when answering Cooperative 800 Line, and assisting NCB receptionist duties in the main lobby.
- Responsible for requesting updated project approval information and settlement companies. All other duties as assigned.
- One or two years of banking or equivalent experience required
- Processing experience preferred
- Mortgage experience preferred
- General computer knowledge as well as experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to use the phone, fax machines, copiers, scanners and typewriter
- Ability to work in a timely fashion and learn new procedures quickly
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.