Position: Chief Credit Officer
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Chief Credit Officer is the senior manager responsible for setting loan policy, managing the credit and loan closing processes, provides oversight of the credit granting process at NCBFSB, provides credit guidance to lenders, chairs the Credit Risk Management Committee, chairs the Watch List and approves major credit exposures up to individual authority.
- Approving major credit exposures up to personal lending limits. This also involves meeting with lenders in triage and often individually to provide direction to the credit process.
- Managing the day to day Credit Department and loan closing process including credit approval, managing concentration limits on a portfolio basis, adherence to credit policies, performing industry reviews as required, responsible for regulatory audit, etc.
- Preparation of materials and acting as chair of the Credit Risk Management Committee and Watch List Committee. Meeting with Relationship Managers to help structure and negotiate loan requests.
- Setting credit standards for lending at NCBFSB.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or related areas; MBA degree preferred
- At least fifteen to twenty years of progressive experience in credit related positions with medium to large banks or financial services firms
- Extensive experience approving complex commercial real estate, corporate, derivative and hedging transactions
- Substantial delegated credit authority
- Ability to manage a team of employees with a broad range of experience and technical skills
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external contacts to manage credit exposure while meeting both NCBFSB's and the customer's needs
- General understanding of the Holding Company’s legislative history, statute, and mission
- Ability and willingness to remain in contact with internal and external contacts on an as needed basis
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.