Position: NCB Capital Impact-Web Developer and Designer
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Web Developer and Designer contributes to creating the optimal interactive brand experience, and visual storytelling efforts for Capital Impact by developing and designing user-centric online experience that makes it easy to find information from multiple online channels and connect with our people in a way that leads to long-term relationships. Ideally, the candidate would also be able to produce graphics, infographics, animations, still photography and videos that highlight people, ideas and impacts of the organization and its initiatives.
This person will be a vital member of our team, and will be responsible for the look and feel of multiple websites, landing pages and forms, focusing on design, usability and ease of navigation as well as the development and maintenance of back-end functionality and content management. S/he will design and develop everything from web site pages and landing pages to web apps and infographics, and integrate all online channels, including but not limited to web site, Salesforce.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Strategy & Planning
- Participate in developing organizational Internet strategy.
- Develop and communicate Web site usage and security policies and standards to all users.
- Define Web site architecture and overall site structure.
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing Web pages and applications in conjunction with content managers.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of proposed Web implementations.
- Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts.
- Operational Management
- Install and configure HTTP servers and associated operating systems, and establish appropriate server directories.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web designs and features in conjunction with business leaders and department content managers.
- Oversee Web development projects, including intranets and extranets.
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications using appropriate editors.
- Register Web servers and sites with domain name services.
- Update Web pages to ensure accuracy.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing Web applications and sites.
- Work with system analyst to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to Web sites and applications.
- Ensure security of all Web sites and related applications.
- Perform periodic Web site audits.
- Monitor and report on Web site traffic and performance.
- Collaborate and develop sketches, wireframes, mockups, or interactive prototypes to support early concepts, designs, and ideas.
- Design Web application user interfaces that are on-brand, visually attractive, and cohesive.
- Create production-quality visual assets for the business teams.
- Provide design and guidance for creative deliverables across the organization
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and developing online channels, including but not limited to web sites.
- Highly Proficient in:
- CSS, XHTML/HTML, CSS, Java Script, and Flash coding
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong and up to date knowledge of modern website design best practices
- Clean User Interface development and implementation
- Thoughtful, meaningful User Experience
- Knowledge of:
- Salesforce.com customization / API
- jQuery, PHP
- Microsoft office proficiency, particularly PowerPoint
- Ability to:
- work independently and take initiative and actively drive projects;
- handle multiple concurrent activities; and
- track and organize workload.
- Expertise in: Adobe Creative Production Suite with expertise in Premiere Pro & After Effects and Mobile web development is a plus
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.