Position: Capital Markets Analyst
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Capital Markets Analyst will play an
essential role in capital markets loan sales and conduct due diligence for all
sold loans. The person will be
responsible for re-underwriting loans originated for sale, preparing credit
write-ups and asset summaries, preparing Transaction Approval memos for Fannie
Mae sales, working with originators, Investor Reporting, Master Servicing and
the Loan Closing Team to assist in loan sale due diligence and/or to provide
them information on sold loans.
- Conducting due diligence and re-underwriting real
estate loans to ensure data integrity and that the loans are ready for sale.
- Preparing credit write ups and address all deal specific strengths and
- For Fannie Mae loans,
ensuring all credit risks outside of our contract and the Fannie Mae Multifamily
Guide are properly mitigated and approved by Fannie Mae prior to rate
- Following up with originators/loan servicers on pre- and post-closing
items or to obtain updated information as it relates to these loans.
- Preparing a transactional approval memo for all Fannie Mae loan sales. Transaction Approval Memos will include executive summary of the transaction, third party report analysis and all Fannie Mae waivers.
- Reviewing of loan closing documents to ensure all undertakings and collateral security agreements, relevant litigation information and other material post loan approval deal specific information is captured on the TAM.
- On a quarterly basis, ensuring data integrity of the MSR data file and work with Investor Reporting and Loan Accounting to validate the data. Responsibilities include working with the third party vendor in clearing data specific questions and obtaining valuation of our servicing portfolio in a timely fashion.
- Monitoring any differences in valuation from quarter to quarter and coordinate meetings with Accounting, Servicing and Loan Accounting to review the results.
- During loan sales, assisting in preparing loan sale related data tapes or in clearing data tape related exceptions.
- Interfacing with Investor Reporting, Master Servicing or other teams to provide them with loan specific information or request information on warehoused and/or sold loans.
- Working closely with internal teams and securitization counsel to provide loan sale related data such as the trade details and other loan sale related information.
- Assisting in assembling representation and warranties of sold loans and work on other special projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or a related major.
- Hard working and comfortable working in a team environment
- Proficiency in Excel and data diligence
- Ability to meet deadlines