Position: Credit Analyst, Commercial Real Estate
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Credit Analyst will provide credit analysis, mortgage underwriting, cash flow modeling and support for the business development officer for new loan originations, mortgage securitizations and portfolio management.
- The Credit Analyst will be responsible for
underwriting commercial real estate, cooperative housing, and community
association transactions and analyzing potential new business for portfolio and
secondary market transactions while managing the banks current CRE and
cooperative portfolio. Works closely
with Senior Credit Analyst, Vice President of Underwriting and senior
management for the purposes of prospecting new transactions, analyzing the
credit quality of prospective business, and managing the risk of current CRE
portfolio. Functions will include credit
analysis, due diligence, minor closing tasks and loan processing. Analysis includes preparing and reviewing a
spreadsheet of historical financial data, evaluating impact of new debt on
current cash flow, sensitizing projections for worst case scenarios and
comparing ratios to industry averages.
In addition to financial review, a collateral and industry assessment is
included in a written presentation, which also summarizes strengths and
weaknesses of credit and a recommendation to decline or approve the request.
- Responsible for processing committed transaction and submitting deals for
approval. Incumbent must possess the
ability to present both committed transactions and prospective deals to the CRE
Credit Committee for approval. The
Credit Analyst will underwrite and perform risk analysis permanent mortgages,
for property acquisition, refinance, housing cooperatives, and community
encompasses: cash flow modeling, asset
valuation, debt structuring & pricing, due diligence (environmental,
appraisal, feasibility and engineering reports), analyzing market conditions, lease
review, loan document review, closing and loan administration.
- Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary for portfolio and
prospective new business. Stay abreast of market conditions and other changes
that impact the conduit line of business using the Internet and other research
tools. Attend industry-related conference and seminars.
- Engage in compliance for annual USA Patriot Act compliance and perform other
duties as assigned.
- Conduct loan file audits, assist the Capital Markets group with loan sale
activity and support the affordable housing and Mission Bank activity.
- Manage internal database for pipeline and reporting.
- BA/BS in finance, business administration, real estate finance or related field.
- 1-3 years of mortgage underwriting in a commercial real estate environment or credit analysis in a commercial lending environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, cash flow modeling and conceptual skills.
- Strong credit & risk analysis skills, presentation skills and Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Create models used to evaluate the strength of borrower’s cash flow and its viability to provide for primary and secondary sources of repayment, as well as models to assess refinance risk.
- Underwriting the financial strength of an individual, including the analysis of personal financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns.
- Strong knowledge of loan structuring with ability to balance bank objectives and borrower expectations.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.