Position: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The purpose of this position is to assist in the execution of the responsibilities delegated to the internal audit department. This position will assist in the development of the annual internal audit plan and its execution. Internal audit testing will be allocated between this position and third party audit service providers.
This position is also required to facilitate the day-to-day internal control procedures required for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the FDIC Improvement Act (FDICIA). This will include both internal control documentation maintenance (i.e. coordinating periodic updating with management) and testing. Note that while NCB is not an SEC registrant, it may again become one so it continues to maintain compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
This position reports to the Bank’s Chief Audit Executive (VP, Financial Audit and Control) who reports directly to the Chair of the Audit/Risk Management Committee of the Board of Directors and administratively to the General Counsel.
- Internal control responsibilities
- Monitor and facilitate the updating of internal control documentation used in the annual assessment of the internal controls over financial reporting. This will require coordination with the management teams and internal audit.
- Internal audit responsibilities
- Assist in the development of internal audit test plans and perform internal audit testing based on established internal audit standards and procedures. This will include establishing testing dates, developing audit request lists, conducting fieldwork testing, reviewing findings with management and preparing audit reports. This applies to individual audits and SOX/FDICIA tests.
- Assist in the Coordination of internal audit efforts, SOX/FDICIA compliance and process/procedural reviews in accordance with NCB’s annual risk assessment. This would include participating in the Bank’s corporate risk assessment process and determining the timing, nature and extent of audit testing.
- Assist in the coordination of internal audit efforts with the external auditors.
- Assist in tracking the remediation of outstanding audit findings.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent, Five years of commercial bank auditing experience, either with a public accounting firm or an internal audit team
- Experience in financial auditing, internal auditing, and/or internal control procedure creation/documentation/testing
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA compliance requirements
- Technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge, demonstrated by certification as a public accountant or internal auditor, strongly preferred
- Advanced analytical abilities
Advanced written and verbal communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.