Assistant Vice President, Relationship Manager
The Assistant Vice President, Relationship will support the portfolio, relationship management and business development activities of the Alternative Energy lending team within the Corporate Banking Group.
Portfolio and Relationship Management:
- Serve as a primary contact for borrowers.
- Work closely with the loan servicing and closing team to ensure all servicing requirements are properly understood, accurately
completed and performed in a timely manner.
- Prepare cash management spreadsheets to accurately reflect loan documents.
- Monitor quarterly payments through the bank controlled accounts and work jointly with Servicing and Borrower to resolve issues.
- Monitor all aspects of borrower performance, including production tracking and preparation of covenant calculations, once the loan closes.
- Track, review and prepare covenant waivers, loan amendments, and other waivers as required.
- Work collaboratively with Loan Administration and Loan Closing teams to resolve exceptions cited in Loan Review examinations.
Manage Deal Flow/Business Development:
- Provide marketing and business development support to bank’s loan origination efforts.
- Work with prospects and new borrowers in obtaining all the necessary information and documentation required to complete formal underwriting.
- Prepare Excel pro forma financial models to accurately reflect project cash flow.
- Prepare memos for credit committee outlining potential loan terms, identifying project participants, and analyzing sources of repayment.
- Assist in the production of term sheets for loan applicants.
- Work with Underwriting team to ensure necessary due diligence materials are available and loan approval documentation accurately reflects the deal specifics.
- Participate on loan closing calls and maintain open communication with the bank’s counsel and Loan Closing team.
- Assist BDO in managing the due diligence closing process for transaction.
- Assist BDO in review of loan documents to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the credit approval.
- Review and approve all lien waivers, IE reports and cost certifications prior to loan funding.
- Prepare a pre-funding loan amendment to document the final cash flow model and any changes to the initial loan approval.
- Stay abreast of industry trends.
- Research and analyze new tax credit structures.
- Research and analyze new renewable energy technologies.
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences.
Support new market initiatives by establishing underwriting protocols consistent with the inherent risk in the new segment.
- Train and educate bank personnel to facilitate more efficient monitoring, management and growth of the portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s of Business Administration or related work experience a plus.
- Three years of commercial banking experience or a demonstrated history of closing complex tax credit transactions.
- Strong Asset Management and Compliance Background
High proficiency in Excel
- Credit skills
- Loan Structuring – ability to understand and communicate complex financial structures to management, internal customers and external borrowers
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally
- Possess a high level of due diligence on borrowers’ financial projections
- Extensive communication skills: written and verbally
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)