The Branch Supervisor manages the Retail Teller Line operations and oversees all Customer Service Representatives and ensures that they are doing their jobs properly, and prepares work schedules to cover the Bank’s needs.
Branch Supervisor Functions:
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Oversee staff performance as it relates to customer service to maintain a level of excellence.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashier's checks; answering questions in person or on telephone; referring to other bank services.
- Records transactions and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports, initiate and verify wire requests.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining customers' needs; directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts; taking orders for checks; providing special statements, copies, completing safe-deposit box transactions.
- Imaging and QC of scanned documents.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions; auditing other tellers' currency, balancing of vault, and coin sorter.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed in projects and assignments.
- Continuing education on products and procedures as well as regulatory compliance training as it relates to teller duties.
- Inform supervisor of any new or recurring customer or employee situation that needs attention.
Branch Supervisor Operations:
- Supervises other Bank CSR and their cash drawers.
- Prepares teller performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as required.
- Searches for the cause of an overage or shortage when a teller’s drawer does not balance correctly.
- Prepares monthly schedule and approves time sheets in Ultipro.
- Motivates the other bank tellers to remain friendly and professional at all times.
- Trains new tellers in bank practice and procedure.
- Handles upset or irate customers.
- Provides access to the vault and safety deposit boxes.
- Carries money to the vault and audits the vault regularly with the assistance of a second employee.
- Relays information to bank officials; may create reports at the end of each shift for reference.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Bank’s products and services to include the website, Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
- Prior cash handling or accounting experience required
- Associated specialized training in related field
- Prior experience in a banking environment
- Knowledge of banking with particular emphasis on deposit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of loan products and payments
- Knowledge of deposit compliance
- People skills for customers, employees and co-workers; provide quality, professional and courteous attitude
- Mathematical aptitude
- Problem solving skills – Look outside the box
- Knowledge of basic computer functions/programs
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Capable to cross-sell loan products and services
- Ability to handle multiple projects and teller operations
- Flexibility in schedule
- Customer Focus - people skills for customer, employees and coworkers
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)