Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer role is a member of the Home Owner Association (HOA) team responsible for initiating new business and growing existing relationships with community managers and property management businesses within their assigned geographical territories. The role's main responsibility is to generate new business for loan and deposit products offered to the HOA market. It also includes managing and cross-selling an existing client portfolio comprised of deposit and/or loan clients. This individual will be the primary representative of the bank within the region and key advisor for new and existing clients regarding bank products and services. This individual should possess the ability to initiate and manage relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the clients or prospects organization.
Business Development Officer Functions:
- Drive new business development within targeted geographic region.
- Responsible for a regular calling program within the targeted region to include calls, email, trade events and in person meetings to drive awareness of bank products within market.
- Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Deposit Operations, Underwriting, Credit, Servicing) in the servicing of routine transactions and in solving customers issues and onboarding new customers.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ products and pricing in the market served.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of banks credit policies (training provided).
- At least 5 years of Business Banking experience OR 5+ years within the HOA management industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Certification
- Previous sales experience required
- Previous experience within HOA management industry required
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Excellent communications skills
- Proven success in building business relationships
- Ability to work independently
- At least 5 years of Business Banking experience OR 5+ years within the HOA management industry with sales experience.
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)