Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)
The Customer Service Representative serves customers by completing account transactions accurately at the teller line while providing quality customer service in a professional and courteous manner, serving as an advocate of the Bank, promoting the Bank’s product and services and overall NCB Brand.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments; cashing checks; issuing savings withdrawals; recording night and mail deposits; selling cashier's checks; answering questions in person or on telephone; referring to other bank services.
- Records transactions and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports, initiate and verify wire requests.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining customers' needs; directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts; taking orders for checks; providing special statements, copies, completing safe-deposit box transactions.
- Reconciles cash drawer; counting and packaging currency and coins; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to supervisor; maintaining supply of cash and currency.
- Imaging and QC of scanned documents.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions; auditing other tellers' currency, balancing of vault, and coin sorter.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed in projects and assignments
- Continuing education on products and procedures as well as regulatory compliance training as it relates to teller duties.
- Inform Branch Supervisor of any new or recurring customer or employee situation that needs attention.
- Prior banking, cash handling or accounting experience is desirable
- Prior experience in a banking environment desirable but not mandatory
- Superior customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer oriented approach to handling problems
- Specialized training in related field desirable
- Strong attention to detail skills
- General Math Skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to sell to customer needs
- Strong people skills
- Possess financial skills
- Ability to work with Financial Software
- Thoroughness and Documentation Skills
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)