Deposit Services Associate
The Deposit Services Associate performs the daily operational support function of the bank which may include customer account support for branches, incoming/outgoing returns, research, adjustments, ACH/wire processing, document imaging, and various related functions. Some tasks may be complex and rely on experience and judgment to accomplish. This position will work with the loan processors to insure that they are within compliance with all the rules and regulations.
General Deposit Operations to include:
- Process deposit exceptions
- Run & review daily reports
- Check adjustment request
- Incoming returns
- Processing research requests
- Daily check issuance – Daily
- Process & file maintenance national customer files
- Monthly duties such as interest check mailing
- Assist with gathering of data for subpoenas
- Processing levee’s and garnishments
- Assist with all operating system updates and testing
- Processing/supporting fraud team with unauthorized Ach claims and fraudulent check affidavits
- CTR review and support of retail offices
- B notices, annual escheatment, dormant account review, 1099 data creation and review
- Imaging of paper documentation
- Processing standard banking transactions
- Processing and scanning of outgoing checks
- Balancing daily entries
- Ensuring deposit product and account compliance. For instance, 1099 year end processing, state IOLTA transactions, FACT Act compliance, Reg E compliance, etc.
- Two years of retail/operations banking experience with at least one year of customer service experience.
- The associate must have strong computer skills with proficient Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge.
- Familiar with usage of basic office equipment and a 12 digit calculator.
- Solid judgment, decision making ability, and be efficient with multi-tasking.
- Proven telephone customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience in the financial services industry, to include ACH, check, wire, and cards
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well
- Knowledge and compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Proven organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Solid judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment
- Personal computer skills to include various software and banking systems, Microsoft Office
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)