VP, Senior Underwriter -C&I Lending
The Senior Underwriter will provide credit analysis/ underwriting, cash flow modeling and support for the business development officer for new loan originations, and portfolio management.
- The Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting commercial transactions and analyzing potential new business for portfolio both general commercial and owner occupied RE while managing the risk of the banks current C&I portfolio. Works closely with underwriters, other Senior Underwriters, Senior Vice President of Underwriting and senior management for the purposes of prospecting new transactions and analyzing the credit quality of prospective and current business. Functions will include credit analysis and due diligence. Analysis includes preparing and reviewing a spreadsheet of historical financial data, evaluating impact of new debt on current cash flow, sensitizing projections for worst case scenarios and comparing ratios to industry averages. In addition to financial review, a collateral and industry assessment is included in a written presentation, which also summarizes strengths and weaknesses of credit and a recommendation to decline or approve the request.
- Responsible for processing committed transaction, submitting deals for approval, and managing C&I portfolio transactions. Incumbent must possess the ability to present both committed transactions and prospective deals to the the bank’s Credit Committee for approval. Underwriting includes but is not limited to: , debt structuring, cash flow modeling, asset valuation, due diligence (judgement and litigation Searches; B&D ordering and environmental, appraisal, feasibility and engineering reports for owner occupied RE transactions), analyzing market conditions, lease review, loan document review, closing and loan administration.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reviews for commercial loans. Reviews encompass analyzing market conditions, cash flow review, and financial review.
- Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary for portfolio and prospective new business. Stay abreast of market conditions and other changes that impact the lines of businesses. Attend industry-related conference and seminars.
- Engage in compliance for annual USA Patriot Act compliance and perform other duties as assigned.
- Fundamental knowledge of Commercial Lending, credit analysis and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to underwrite and process commercial deals within the context of NCB credit guidelines and investment criteria.
- MS Excel
- Proprietary spreadsheets
- Financial calculator
- Proprietary systems (McCraken, Prism, TPA)
- Mortgage Underwriting process
- Portfolio Management process
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)