West Coast Business Development Officer
The West Coast Business Development Officer will develop business in the cooperative wholesale and retail business sectors comprised of grocery, including natural food cooperatives, and hardware. In addition, the possibility exists to develop business with purchasing cooperatives in a variety of business segments which may include Federal Loan Guaranty Programs such as SBA, USDA and BIA. All business development activities shall be consistent with the Bank’s Strategic Plan and as designated by the Senior Vice President, Corporate Banking Manager. This position requires solid experience in structuring loans and deposit deals. The incumbent must possess a strong financial and credit background and a working knowledge of Federal Guaranty programs (SBA, USDA) is a plus.
- Sales and Relationship Management: Deepen the bank’s existing relationships and build new relationships. Coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders on sales management goals to further loan, deposit and cash management sales penetration within the space.
- Product and Market Development: Coordinate the overall market expansion strategy, leverage existing platforms for growth, and work through the innovation process to develop new markets and products in concert with the Product and Market Oversight Committee.
- Portfolio Management: Oversee the overall customer portfolio in conjunction with the Relationship Manager and Credit including the performance and risk management requirements.
- Managing/Mentoring People: Assist in the training and advancement of Relationship Manager(s) and others as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, finance, accounting or economics. Completion of commercial bank management training program and/or formal credit training program highly desirable. MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years with emphasis on banking expertise (deposits, cash management and credit products and services), sales, marketing and new product development.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Moody's.
- Strategic thinker with excellent sales skills, credit skills and loan structuring knowledge. Knowledge of SBA and USDA loan guaranty programs and deposit and cash management solutions.
- Great people skills with emphasis on sales and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working Together. Building Community. It is more than our mission; it is the way we do business with our customers, and it is the employee culture of the bank. We offer a great place for people to work. We actively promote an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success and contribute to the organization and the community.
National Cooperative Bank, N.A. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)