Position: NCB Capital Impact-Project Guide
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: THE GREEN HOUSE® Project is a leader in the national culture change movement for the transformation of institutional long-term care. Built on the principles of the Eden Alternative by Dr. Bill Thomas, The Green House Project creates more meaningful lives for elders through changes in the philosophy of traditional skilled nursing care, organizational structure, and physical environment. In partnership with organizations, advocates and communities, The Green House Project team supports adopters in the development and ongoing sustainability of their Green House homes. Provider Magazine identified The Green House Project as “the pinnacle of the movement” for its success in rapidly expanding to over 26 states and for improving the lives of over one thousand older adults across the country. The Project Guide seeks to affect the culture change movement by partnering with long-term care organizations interested in changing the paradigm of aging and embracing the Green House model. The Project Guide supports developing and operating Green House homes by leading and informing the transformation to an Elder-directed model of living. In partnership with all members of The Green House team and its affiliates, the Project Guide acts to build and maintain a supportive relationship with project adopters, provide technical assistance, and facilitate ongoing staff education. The Project Guide serves to provide support and accountability to adopters in order to ensure a successful philosophical, organizational, and environmental transformation to the Green House model.
- Having the ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Building key relationships with project adopters to provide support and accountability through the phases of Green House development.
- Expanding the impact of the Green House model by identifying and sharing successful practices for developing and operating Green House homes.
- Creating strong partnerships with federal and state survey teams by educating about the Green House model and regulatory compliance.
- Presenting at state and national conferences in order to support efforts to increase community awareness, affect public policy, and activate consumers.
- Empowering and activating elders, families, and communities to understand and support the Green House model.
- Actively participating in team meetings, conferences, and retreats.
- Optimizing the health and wellness of elders, as well as those who care for them, by guiding the transformation of traditional care teams into self-managed work teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years operational experience in related field of aging/gerontology, long-term care, person-directed care, and culture change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; proficiency in online applications including webinars, databases, and web-based educational tools, and social media.
- Proficiency with presentation equipment including, projectors, speakers, etc.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast paced high volume environment is a must.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.