Position: Staff Accountant
Location: Hillsboro, Ohio
Nature & Scope: This position is responsible for reconciling general ledger accounts daily and monthly, researching and reviewing any outages and work with appropriate personnel to resolve outages as well as processing or system changes required to correct the issues on a go forward basis, preparing daily journal entries as required and daily reporting and remittances required for cash settlement.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts and research/resolve any reconciling items daily and monthly. Accounts include but are not limited to – Cash, Teller Cash Transfer, Cash Items, Checks to Proof, Inclearing In-process.
- Daily Travelers remit and review – void and stop payments and check issuance verification. Reconcile OSI check transmission report to general ledger check issuances. Transfer funds to Travelers Express to cover check clearings. Process void and stop payment requests with Travelers Express verify that all proper documentation is attached and approved and request refund from Travelers Express for amount of said void/stop payment. Research any positive pay items and retrieve any documentation in order to authorize/decline payment. Review outstanding check issuances and prepare monthly departmental reports.
- Month End Closing – Reconcile all general ledger accounts that are assigned make any correcting entries prior to closing deadlines. Process month end general ledger journal entries. Prepare analytical data as required.
- Journal Entries & Other Job related duties. Process daily journal entries for daily work and reconciliation adjustments. Scan, sort and file all work. All other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred
- One to three years of accounting experience in the banking field preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of accounting and banking principles
- Possess good computer skills as well as communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work both independently and in a team environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.