Position: NCB Capital Impact, Accounting Clerk Intern
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Accounting Clerk Intern will be responsible for supporting some of the daily Accounting and Administrative functions of the Finance department for NCB Capital Impact.
- Assist the finance team with gathering, scanning, and verifying coding of weekly accounts payable invoices and corporate expense reports. This task requires review of corporate invoices to ensure proper supporting documents, coding with the appropriate expense, activity, and account category codes. Research may be required when improper support or miscoding is identified. This task will assist the organization with efficient processing and timely payment of accounts payable.
- Assist with grant accounting responsibilities such as: monthly invoice generation, recording associated accounts receivable accruals, filing new grant and contract agreements, reconciliation of contract fee receivables to payments received, weekly review of grant expense reports to ensure that all critical data is included prior to submission to accounts payable.
- File various supporting documents for accounts payable, grant accounting, journal entries and other documents in support of the finance team’s paper save project.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- College student with 3 years of completed college work (junior level student) and a Accounting Major
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.