Position: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support to the entire Human Resources team. Performs a variety of duties including typing correspondence, reports, and letters. Answers and screens telephone calls. Receives and directs visitors. Opens and distributes mail. Maintains computer-based department files and employee personnel files. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries. Resolves routine questions and problems.
- Chief responsibility includes a wide variety of project management and administrative, receptionist, secretarial duties for the Human Resources team. Orders office supplies regularly.
- Maintains and files pertinent information in all employee files and benefit files for all employees in all three NCB companies. Filing is to be completed timely on a weekly basis.
- Daily communication and coordination of internal and external customer requests. Answers general HR requests for internal customers, i.e., HR form requests, tax forms, etc. Refers specific payroll, benefits, and employee relations concerns to the HR Manager. Legal compensation issues referred to Managing Director, Human Resources.
- Organizes and maintains all office files and supply files.
- Maintains EXCEL spreadsheet or Ceridian training database of tuition reimbursement requests.
- Process 90-day introductory reviews for final signature.
- At the Managing Director’s request, coordinates all employee meetings and campaign drives.
- Maintains a chronological file of HR correspondence, alphabetical file for HR/OD&T contracts, and a monthly file for all HR/OD&T invoices.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for meetings and conferences for HR team.
- Process all invoices and disbursement of checks.
- Work with Corporate Services to arrange conference rooms for meetings and order food and supplies for all meetings and organizational training sessions.
- Assist HR Managers with recruitment for temporary positions.
- Prepare correspondences for HR Director.
- Provide administrative support to Manager, Corporate Services as may be requested from time to time.
- Serve as backup to Receptionist position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as administrative assistant or previous corporate secretarial experience required.
- Experience in handling confidential or security matters required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Viscio.
- Lotus Notes is a plus.
- Must have great organizational skills, the ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Should have the capacity to communicate appropriately with employees at varying levels within the organization, as well as with external customers.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and people.
- Must be able to think through a project and plan for contingencies.
- Must be diligent and able to focus while having multiple demands on his/her time.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org