Position: Application Development Manager
Location: Crystal City, VA
Nature & Scope: The Senior Developer-Analyst-Manager will help plan, design, develop, document, and maintain banking/financial application software developed by NCB,FSB. The applications developed by NCB include a broad spectrum of business applications implemented to support an internal and external user base in a highly regulated environment. Written documentation and creation of technical specifications based on functional specifications require strict adherence to the software development life cycle (SDLC) utilizing both Waterfall and Agile techniques. The Application Development Manager participates in all phases of the SDLC.
- Provide lead technical support in the design, development, implementation, and documentation of financial systems utilized by investors, customers, and employees of the bank.
- Manage and develop a team of three developers.
- Provide technical analysis and prototyping models to managers, project managers, and business users.
- Lead the definition and validation of functional and technical requirements.
- Work with business units, analysts, and project managers to provide expert technical solutions that support long-term business and technology strategy.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology, and providing guidance around software solutions.
- Work closely with the Operations network engineers and technology teams on deployment of software solutions.
- Adhere to sound standards and practices during all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Demonstrable, strong analysis skills are a must, and application development management skills are strongly desired.
- Senior programming skills utilizing Java, Java Server Pages (JSP) and NetBeans.
- The ability to create and debug complex stored procedures, SQL statements, views, triggers, and functions for MS SQL Server.
- An understanding of Microsoft .NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, Web Services, utilizing Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with data modeling tools, and major DBMS systems such as Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with Lotus Notes Designer, IBM Datastage 8.1 and/or SSIS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related field and/or technical degree with equivalent work experience.
- The ideal candidate should possess a hands-on, collaborative management style with proven management team skills to oversee a small development group.
- The candidate must possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and be able to work with abstract concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of systems, software, and programming languages is a must.
- The candidate must be able to gather and synthesize requirements based on communication with system users, project managers, team leaders, and industry experts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be detail oriented, and able to verify accuracy and validity of all software developed, including the preparation of test data and the execution of program code.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.