Position: Vice President, Commercial Real Estate Loan Officer
Location: Arlington, VA
Nature & Scope: Individual will be responsible for supporting the marketing, business development, and loan origination goals of the Real Estate Team. The candidate’s primary focus will be to facilitate the profitable and efficient origination of salable and portfolio commercial real estate loans.
- Assist in the marketing and business development strategy for origination of salable and portfolio commercial real estate loans. Maintain existing clients and identify and develop new real estate clients to achieve loan origination goals. Participate in industry conferences and other marketing and networking events to educate prospective clients about NCB, FSB and the solutions we offer to meet their financial needs.
- Manage credit risk by structuring real estate transactions to conform to established credit policy guidelines and CMBS industry standards. Utilize credit and analytical skills to mitigate credit risk to acceptable levels. Communicate closely with manager, credit underwriting team, and capital markets team to ensure the acceptability of risk parameters for new loans transactions. Negotiate loan pricing to adequately compensate for risk and to achieve profitability targets.
- Manage and maintain key external relationships involved in sourcing and supporting new real estate loan origination. These contacts include borrowers, correspondents, brokers, counsel, and other third party representatives.
- Manage the loan process from initial client contact through closing by means of effective communication with both internal and external customers and third party relationships. Work closely with the credit team to underwrite financing transactions, issue loan proposal terms, and draft the credit approvals. Interact with the loan closing team and outside legal as needed to assist in facilitating loan documentation and closings. Ensure all loan documentation and third party information conforms to loan approval and to capital markets requirements.
- Serve as a secondary lender and relationship manager to the national cooperative and homeowner association markets.
- As needed support the sale of real estate assets and assist the team on special projects.
- BA in a business related field
- Formal credit training preferred, but not required
- Candidate should possess a minimum of ten years of commercial credit and/or lending experience
- Knowledge of multifamily cooperative markets is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and other financial software is required
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com