Arlington, VA (May 13, 2019)— National Cooperative Bank (NCB), a leading financial services company dedicated to providing banking products and services to cooperatives, their members and socially responsible organizations nationwide , held its annual meeting on May 9, 2019, at the National Archives Museum in Washington, D.C. During the meeting, NCB announced its 2019 Board of Directors with Roger Collins, Former Chairman & CEO of Harps Foods serving as chair.
The Board welcomed two new members, Marc Friedman, Chief Financial Officer of A Few Cool Hardware Stores, Washington, DC and Jennifer Smith Dolin, Regional Vice President of Mercy Housing California in San Francisco, CA. Friedman and Smith Dolin replace Steve Cunningham of S.F. Cunningham LLC and Mike Mercer, President of the Georgia Credit Union Affiliates, Duluth, GA.
“Steve and Mike have been instrumental in NCB’s success and I am truly grateful for their dedication and service to our organization and the cooperative community”, stated Charles E. Snyder, President and CEO of NCB.
The Board benefits from a diverse roster of members, who come from a variety of industries in which cooperatives play an important role. In addition to Friedman and Smith Dolin, NCB’s 2019 Board Members are:
• Roger Collins, Board Chair and former CEO and Chairman of Harps Foods in Springdale, AR;
• Maurice Smith, Board Vice-Chair and President of Local Government Federal Credit Union in Raleigh, NC;
• Wilson Beebe, past President of Thanexus, in Wall Township, NJ;
• Paul Hazen, Executive Director of U.S. Overseas Cooperative Development Council in Washington, D.C.;
• Janis Herschkowitz, President and CEO of PRL, Inc. in Cornwall, PA.;
• Debra Huddleston, Managing Director Centennial Bank in New York, NY.;
• Patrick Jury, Principal, Patrick S. Jury Advisor, LLC, Des Moines, IA;
• Peter Larkin, President and CEO of National Grocers Association in Arlington, VA;
• Andrea Levere, President of Prosperity Now in Washington, D.C.;
• Christine Neal, Former Chief Financial Officer of Unified Grocers in Commerce, CA;
• David P. Swanson, Partner, Dorsey & Whitney in Minneapolis, MN;
• David B. Vliet, CEO of Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center, Inc. in Hayward, CA;
• Martin Lowery, former Executive Vice President at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association in Arlington, VA; and
• Mary Ann Rothman, Executive Director of The Council of NY Cooperatives and Condominiums in New York, NY.
About National Cooperative Bank: National Cooperative Bank is dedicated to strengthening communities nationwide through the delivery of banking and financial services, complemented by a special focus on cooperative expansion and economic development. NCB provides financial products and services for the nation’s cooperatives, their members, and socially responsible organizations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Bank has offices in Alaska, New York, Ohio and Virginia. To learn more, visit www.ncb.coop, National Cooperative Bank on Facebook and Instagram, or on Twitter @natlcoopbank.