Working at National Cooperative Bank
Join a Culture of Innovation and Diversity
Since the inception of the Washington Post Top Employers list in 2014, NCB has been ranked among the top 10% of midsized companies every year.
Other awards include:
Washington Business Journal’s Greater Washington’s Healthiest Employers in 2014 and 2015.
The Dave Thomas Foundation’s 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces in 2014 and 2016.
The Society for Human Resource Management named NCB as one of the Best Employers in Ohio since 2014.
The Mortgage Bankers Association honored NCB as having the Best Overall Corporate Diversity Program.
- Plans that include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and more.
- Coverage is effective on the first day of the month following your hire date.
- Medical Waiver Coverage for those not needing insurance.
- Part-time employees are offered many of the NCB benefits.
- Discounted prescriptions through our Prescription Drug Plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts that can be used for health care and other expenses.
- NCB offers an Employee Assistance Program for free, confidential counseling for employees and their immediate families. Short term and long term disability are available.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account for parents who have childcare expenses, sign up for this flex fund and save money on a pre-tax basis.
- NCB employees are eligible to participate in the retirement plan.
- A variety of investment options are available to help you grow your retirement savings.
- Employees can contribute to NCB's 401(k) plan and get dollar-for-dollar matching up to six percent of your pre-tax contributions immediately.
- Employees receive discounts on NCB loan products.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, educational assistance and tuition reimbursement.
- To benefit growing families, NCB offers Maternity and Paternity leave.
- Adoption benefits to help with the adoption process and expenses.
- Other types of paid time off, include: bereavement, military and jury duty. NCB provides extensive personal and professional training and development to help you develop in your career at NCB.
- NCB pays for corporate and individual memberships in various professional, technical and business organizations that are applicable to your job at NCB.
- NCB offers a business casual dress environment.
- NCB offers several alternative work arrangements including flexible arrival and departure times, and teleworking.
- Receive extra hours of vacation yearly by donating blood.
- Take advantage of summer work hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Employees can take advantage of half-day Fridays through a compressed 40-hour workweek.
- Get a generous cash award when you refer a candidate who is hired by the Bank, and has completed a successful 90-day introductory period of employment.
- Relocation services are available for new hires where there is more than a 100-mile move.
- Protect your dog or cat by purchasing pet insurance through VPI for a small monthly fee.
- For a small monthly fee, take advantage of the legal service plan provided by Hyatt Legal for document review and preparation, civil lawsuit defense, real estate matters, family matters and debt collection defense.