Arlington, VA (May 12, 2023) — National Cooperative Bank (NCB), a leading financial services company dedicated to providing banking products and services to cooperatives, their members, and socially responsible organizations nationwide, is pleased to welcome one new member to its Board of Directors.
The Board welcomes Maria Smedley, Esq, Vice President of Human Resources at Performance Foodservice, located in Little Rock, Arkansas.
NCB thanks Christine Neal and Debra Huddleston, whose terms as Board members have ended, and Andrea Levere, NCB’s presidential appointee, who is retiring after ten years on the NCB board.
Jennifer Dolin, Principal, Jen Dolin Consulting, will be NCB’s new board chair, and Marc Friedman, CFO of a Few Cool Hardware Stores, will assume the vice-chair position.
The Board benefits from a diverse group of members who come from various industries in which cooperatives play an important role. In addition to Ms. Smedley, the NCB Board Members are:
- Jennifer Dolin (Chair), Principal, Jen Dolin Consulting, San Francisco, CA;
- Marc Friedman (Vice-Chair), CFO of A Few Cool Hardware Stores in Washington, DC;
- Josh Ablett, Chief Information Security Officer, Adelia Associates, New Bedford, MA;
- Caroline Blakely, President & CEO, Rebuilding Together, Washington, DC;
- Robyn DesHotel, Chief Financial Officer, National Co-op Grocers, St. Paul, MN;
- Thomas Fink, Capital Markets Executive, New York, NY;
- Janis Herschkowitz, past President and CEO of PRL, Inc. in Cornwall, PA;
- Gigi Hyland, Executive Director, National Credit Union Foundations, Washington, D.C.;
- Patrick Jury, Principal, Patrick S. Jury Advisor, LLC, Des Moines, IA;
- Brian Obergfell, Chairman, and Partner, Emmet, Marvin & Martin, LLP, New York, NY;
- Andrew Reicher, Former Executive Director, UHAB, New York, NY;
- Elizabeth Vealey, President, Sophius, LLC, Lancaster, NY; and
- Curtis Wynn, CEO, SECO Energy, Sumterville, FL