Pictured are Andrew Reicher, Robyn DesHotel & Brian D. Obergfell
Arlington, VA (May 11, 2020)— National Cooperative Bank (NCB), a leading financial services company dedicated to providing banking products and services to cooperatives, their members and socially responsible organizations nationwide, is pleased to welcome three new members to its board of directors.
The Board welcomes Robyn DesHotel, Chief Financial Officer, National Co-op Grocers located in St. Paul, MN, Brian D. Obergfell, Chairman and Partner, Emmet, Marvin & Martin, New York, NY and Andrew Reicher, Executive Director, UHAB, New York, NY. The new members replace Roger Collins, former Chairman and CEO of Harps Foods, Springdale, AK, Peter Larkin, former President and CEO of National Grocers Association in Arlington, VA and David Swanson, Partner at Dorsey & Whitney, Minneapolis, MN.
Martin Lowery, former Executive Vice President of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, Arlington, VA and Mary Ann Rothman, Executive Director of the Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums in New York, NY also retired after serving an additional year of leadership at National Cooperative Bank, N.A.
“I want to thank Roger, Peter, David, Mary Ann and Martin for their leadership on NCB’s Board of Directors", said Charles E. Snyder, CEO of NCB. “I am truly grateful for their dedication and service to NCB and the cooperative community. We are excited for what the future brings with our new members as we continue our efforts to find new and innovative ways to expand our reach and serve our customers.”
The Board benefits from a diverse group of members, who come from a variety of industries in which cooperatives play an important role. In addition to DesHotel, Obergfell, and Reicher, the Board Members are:
- Maurice Smith (Chair), President and CEO of Local Government Federal Credit Union in Raleigh, NC;
- Debra Huddleston ( Vice Chair), Senior Advisor, Kimberlite Advisors, LLC New York, NY;
- Wilson Beebe, past President of Thanexus, in Wall Township, NJ;
- Marc Friedman, CFO of a Few Cool Hardware Stores in Washington, DC;
- Paul Hazen, Executive Director of U.S. Overseas Cooperative Development Council in Washington, D.C.;
- Janis Herschkowitz, President and CEO of PRL, Inc. in Cornwall, PA;
- Patrick Jury, Principal, Patrick S. Jury Advisor, LLC, Des Moines, IA;
- Andrea Levere, past President of Prosperity Now in Washington, D.C.;
- Christine Neal, past Chief Financial Officer of Unified Grocers in Commerce, CA;
- Jennifer Smith Dolin, Regional Vice President, Mercy Housing, California in San Francisco, CA;
- David B. Vliet, CEO of LifeLong Medical Care, Berkeley, CA.